This is research at U. Tokyo. I have mentioned this topic here, and some of these videos. Here is a particularly striking photo of someone standing in front of a car and tree, half invisible, ghost-like (second image down):

<http://science.howstuffworks.com/invisibility-cloak2.htm>http://science.howstuffworks.com/invisibility-cloak2.htm

Short videos:

<http://projects.tachilab.org/rpt/movie.php>http://projects.tachilab.org/rpt/movie.php

Spooky ones:

<http://projects.tachilab.org/rpt/movie/bone2.mpg>http://projects.tachilab.org/rpt/movie/bone2.mpg

http://projects.tachilab.org/rpt/movie/oc-okugai3.mpg

This looks kind of silly, and useless, but there is a great deal of sophisticated programming going on here. The hard part, I expect, is to have the computer synchronize the image with the objects in the distance. In the case of the video "bone2 it is displaying a fake, drawn image which is synchronized to the position on the body where the screen is held at the moment.

They are doing lots of other nifty stuff:

http://tachilab.org/index.php?easiestml_lang=en