hi steve.. well, so far it seems that allmagnetics have done a really poor
photoshop job:
http://www.allmagnetics.com/images/device/probe3.gif
look very carefully as to where the steorn logo-type and text would be.
http://www.steorn.com/images/lab-hallprobe01.jpg

yep. smudged. the question, of course is, if you buy this device at 390usd
from allmagnetics, and buy the device at roughly 280eur from steorn,  will
both have the steorn stickers? i read that the u.k. distributors of the
hall-probe have not smudged out the steorn logo + texts.  so maybe the u.s.
distributors are just a bit timid and scared.