Rick always writes what he means and means what he says. He's the guy
who sells the Bedini kits, there's a 10 coil monopole kit that they
have released, for instance. http://rpmgt.org/order.html
The Bedini Monopole Energizer kit was built by a friend and he came to
the conclusion that it's only for learning-purposes, and can be taken
further (it's possible that mr. Friedrich has upped his ante and knows
and understands more about the Bedini monopole tech - and that the
10-pole energizer would be quite worth looking into. But at that
price? Not sure how much machining something like that would cost, but
they mention it'd be in the tens of thousands of usd?  on the page..)
Rick also features on the Energy From The Vacuum series as a spectator
of Bedini showing his stuff, I think in EFTV12 perchance. The detail
here that (I guess) matters, is that Bedini chose Friedrich to make
the kits available via, and Friedrich also sells the Renaissance
charger devices, and has relations to Bedini's EnergenX -company. It's
not a random guy shooting the breeze on a mailinglist, if I'm not
completely mistaken, Friedrich maintains some of the monopole lists
and is in general a guy who would know what Bedini is up to, and
what's next.
Looking at what Friedrich wrote about 1/3 of the amps going into the
secondary - he is quite probably talking about the secondary batteries
that get charged while the primary batteries provide the juice for the
transformation process.