On Dec 30, 2009, at 5:59 AM, fznidar...@aol.com wrote:

I liked what you did.  It gave a first approximation very good answer.

Now the next thing I have been trying to get a grip on is,

"What is the phonon frequency of the dissolved hydrogen in a cold fusion palladium electrode?"

I don't even know what the restraints are. Does is move in a group and what then is M?

Were is it attached and what then is K.

Any ideas.

Frank Z

The lattice sites occupied by the hydrogen are points of lowest potential between lattice atoms, e.g. tetrahedral sites. The value of k varies with the speed of sound in the lattice and thus temperature and other factors. The presence of hydrogen itself affects this, i.e. the loading phase. Much more important than any spring constant is the actual hydrogen *tunneling* hopping rate. This is a very complex subject. The best way to get a feel for it is to read Hydrogen in Metals III. See:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field- keywords=hydrogen+in+metals+III&x=0&y=0

http://tinyurl.com/y9qyzmt

There are some good prices on used ones. I bought mine many years ago at retail. Sigh.

In any case, I was led inexorably to a different model of how cold fusion comes about. That model is described here:

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/CFnuclearReactions.pdf

That only scratches the surface.  There is much more to come.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/