Very interesting comment section here...
http://www.physorg.com/news182184493.html   "Quantum fluctuations are key in
superconductors"

A guy with a login of Johanfprins makes several statements claiming to have a
good model for
superconduction and can make them to operate at room temp, or even 100C!  Here
are some of his
comments, and a link to a

"It is already well understood; but the so-called "experts" (they should rather
be called cranks) on
superconduction do not want to understand it since it would mean that "pairing
of charge carriers"
ARE NOT REQUIRED. In fact ALL superconduction occurs owing to quantum
fluctuations as allowed by
Heisenberg's uncertainty relationship for energy and time. The underlying
mechanism is the same for
ALL superconducting materials from metals to ceramics once they have gone
through a suitable phase
transformation which allows quantum fluctuations to dominate. These conditions
lead to a simple
quadratic equation which models superconduction as movement of charge-carriers
(not necessarily
pairs) by means of quantum fluctuations.
WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET THIS MESSAGE THROUGH THE THICK SKULLS OF THE
SUPERCONDUCTING
"EXPERTS"?

"My model predicts what the properties of a material should be to superconduct
above room
temperature: And I have prototype substrates which do exactly this: I have
offered to demonstrate
them to Electronic Companies which have the infrastructure to develop devices
on them: So far no
takers."

"The simplest explanation of high temperature superconductivity consist in
fact, movable electrons
are attracted to hole stripes inside of superconductor lattice in such a way,
their repulsive forces
are compensating mutually - so that some electrons can move freely in resulting
dense electron
clouds, surrounding the holes. This behavior corresponds so-called pseudogap
state and ballistic
transport of electrons, as observed in graphene.

At the moment, electron clouds are connected mutually, a superconductivity
arises. The intriguing
point of this model is in fact, the superconductive phase could be formed well
outside of
superconductor phase, i.e. near surface of insulator, to which electrons are
attracted by
electrostatic force. This behavior was revealed just by J.F.Prins experiments:

 http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0268-1242/18/3/319/
Johan F Prins 2003 Semicond. Sci. Technol. 18 S131-S140
"The diamond-vacuum interface: II. Electron extraction from n-type diamond:
evidence for
superconduction at room temperature"

And this comment sounds like what we say about some CF/LENR diehard skeptics:
"However, it is NOT my primary concern to convince physicts anymore. They have
proved to be too
stupid to even understand when Ohm's law applies. The physics community
sufferred a frontal lobotomy
in Belgium during 1927; and I doubt whether it is possible to activate a single
synapse within a
modern physicists bony skull: Especially the buffoons and cranks who are doing
research on
superconduction!

-Mark