large dense fractal meteor cluster in Alaska? also 21 pages re unusual 0.6 m rock in Palmer: Horace Heffner: Rich Murray 2010.01.24
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.htm
Sunday, January 24, 2010
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/37

Hello Vortex L and Horace Heffner,

With regard to finding craters near Heffner's home in Palmer, Alaska,
I quickly found this, which may fit the scenario proposed by
Dennis Cox for multiple dense clusters of impacts from a huge cloud
of ice comet fragments, dispersed in space before enterring the air
at a low angle at about 20 km/sec, mostly from SE to NW, raining
dense white-hot jets down to erode surfaces within seconds.

about 20 km W of Lake Louise (11 km wide),
about 170 km NE of Palmer, AK
62.302534 -146.989615
Curtis Lake, Matanuska-Susitna, AK 99588
1.6 km size

A dense fractal cluster of craters, young enough not to have been
eroded away, seemingly of the same age, and therefore likely from
the same cause -- a burst in air of a meteor or ice comet into many
fragments.
I picked Curtis Lake for a close-up, since there are low highlands
close to its west, which might have fragments and deposited high
temperature formed surface coatings, that could prove an
impact origin.

Lake Louise may well be the major center.

I am fascinated by your extensive details about a 0.6 m unusual rock.

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/RockPhotos/Rock.pdf
21 pages, many images

Weighing of Rock on Foam Block
Note - full resolution photo links are given eventually below.
Summary of Data
Find Location: Palmer, Alaska
Find Date: February 25, 2009
Dry Weight: 56 kg
Maximum Dimensions: 59 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm
Sample Density: 2.9 - 3.0 gm/cm^3.
Density initially determined by water displacement
at 2.89 gm/cm^3 (for small crust bearing sample S3, 19.9 gm).
A better density value of 3.0 gm/cm^3 was obtained by machining
a 22 mm x 22.5 mm x 40 mm block (sample S11)
which weighed 61.31 gm.
The S11 block dimensions and edge orthogonality are not precise.
Micrometer determined estimates for average dimensions
are 40.2 mm x 23.1 mm x 22.1 mm,
giving a volume of 20.5 cm^3, and density of 3 gm/cm^3.
Palmer Rock
9/4/09 Page 1 10:27 AM

I'll give your report an appreciative scrutiny!

Thanks, Rich Murray

Meteor Night 7 pm tonight, Santa Fe Complex, Santa Fe, Jan 19,
Rich Murray with 10x12 screen on two extensive websites by
Dennis Cox and by Tim McElvain: Rich Murray 2010.01.19
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.htm
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/36

----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace Heffner" <hheff...@mtaonline.net>