As we mentioned in previous postings, any nuclear reaction with Rb is
extremely unlikely, if we assume it is related in any way to a thermonuclear
reaction.

HOWEVER, and this is the interesting point: there is actually one category
of reaction involving bosons that has not been ruled out and might even be
favored with heavy bosons.

BTW - I am still having a hard time getting around the resistance to an
isotope with a published spin of 3/2 being a boson - but apparently this one
somehow qualifies in the B-E "statistics" category ...

Anyway, the one and only kind of reaction that might actually be favored,
when a large Z nuclear boson goes in-and-out of a (putative) transitory BEC
state rapidly at near-ambient temperature (as opposed to the near zero K
situation) is that even though there would be NO change in the COMPONENTS
(protons, neutrons) of the nucleus, there could be change in the geometric
structure - this is known as nuclear isomerism. Turns out that
Wiki-the-magnificent has an entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_isomer

These nuclear isomers are have prolated or elongated structure that is
metastable, and allow a secondary decay (such as a gamma or beta decay) with
increased probability. If there is transmutation at all, then it occurs as a
secondary step following nuclear isomerism.

Jones