At 08:03 PM 3/23/2010, Horace Heffner wrote:
In the ACS press conference video Miles states he has a new recipe
for codeposition that produced excess heat 6 out of 6 times.  Is
there a copy of his paper available yet, or any other information?

My general impression has been that codeposition is relatively reliable. That is, if the conditions are the same, the results are similar. Flieschmann cells are famously dependent upon microstructure of the palladium cathodes.

But I don't know from experience yet. Yeah, I noticed the comment by Miles, and he's thinking a little along the same lines as I am. $50 calorimeter sounds pretty interesting to me. I'll be very interested, indeed. I've not been aiming toward calorimetry, and I'd rather watch the cell. But there are lots of possibilities. I have a USB microscope that would fit in that calorimeter, I think.