----- Original Message ----

From: Harry Veeder

> I think nuclear
> physicists reserve the term fusion for interactions
involving the strong
> nuclear force, and the terms fission and neutron
absorption are terms
> reserved for interactions involving the electro-weak
force.

Harry,
> the electroweak is also involved in fusion, so that cannot be a
> major
determinant.

Oh. I should not have weighed in on this discussion.
:P

A primer on strong forces:
http://www.vias.org/physics/bk4_03_04.html
(Everything I mentioned utilizes the strong force)

and weak forces:
http://www.vias.org/physics/bk4_03_05.html

Harry

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca