From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:54 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: RE: [Vo]:Solar EMP: the biggest threat to our way of life?

Solar alert. I sent the solar EMP post below two weeks ago, and already a large
mass of solar plasma is due to hit earth tonight. The Northern Lights should be
intense - and let's hope that this light-show is the limit of the effects of
coronal mass ejection. It could be much worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/picture-galleries/7924559/Solar-flares-coronal-mass-ejections-and-aurora-borealis-in-pictures.html

I should mention - in giving Randy Mills credit for his theory - that if he is
correct about the solar corona being fueled by "below-ground-state" hydrogen,
and he could very well be correct IMO - then the debris which earth receives
should be rich in this component. And it will be most evident at the poles.

Is there a further prediction that could be made based on this flare ?

Well, there could already be cause/effect connection of this solar cycle to the
heat waves across Northern Europe - and it would be interesting to compare the
UV signature to the Northern lights in a normal year. Wonder if the genius
Mills has made any such prediction?

Jones

Original Post:

The biggest threat facing the USA is probably NOT related to Al Qaeda, Islamic
radicalism, Iranian nuclear weaponry, a second Banking meltdown, failure to
stop oil spills in the Gulf, a comet on a collision course, our Earth crossing
the hypothetical "galactic plane", Tea-baggers in Congress, or the other dire
warnings that have appeared in the News recently.

However, there may be a true connection to the year 2012 - aside from most of
the Mayan inspired nonsense (which is an almost guaranteed book-selling
strategy).

Solar cycle 24, due to peak around election time in November, or early in 2011
- looks like it's going to be one of the most intense cycles in modern times -
at least since scientific solar record-keeping began almost 400 years ago ...
yet a few observers (and writers) are trying to stretch the exact date a little
further out - till the end of 2012 - for reasons that probably relate to drama
and commerce, more than to science. Here is NASA's take on the date:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/21dec_cycle24/

OK the next part of the story relates to "EMP". There is a periodic natural
threat that has gone more or less unnoticed, and it has a fair statistical
chance of arriving soon, but it could easily be sooner or later, depending on
the accuracy of our information on solar cycles. EMP stands for electromagnetic
pulse, and you may have thought that it only related to advanced military
weaponry, which it does - but the larger threat may be both "natural" and
imminent ...

http://www.energycentral.com/gridtandd/communicationsandsecurity/articles/2106/EMP-A-Poorly-Understood-Threat/

HuffPo is running a piece about John Kappenman - an electrical engineer who is
determined to save civilization from the mother of all blackouts.  Over the
past thirty years, Kappenman has accumulated a compelling body of evidence
indicating that sooner or later a major blast of EMP (electromagnetic pulse)
from the Sun, will knock out the electrical power grid and the secondary
results can be surprisingly bleak.

"Historically large storms have a potential to cause power grid blackouts and
transformer damage of unprecedented proportions. An event that could
incapacitate the network for a long time could be one of the largest natural
disasters we could face." Kappenman insists that solar EMP blasts the size of
those that occurred in 1859 (before society was electrified) and 1921 (before
the power grid had developed to the point where it played any significant role)
would today result in large-scale blackouts lasting for months or years.
Apparently, there appears to be a marked similarity between the 1859 and 2012
solar cycles, which is kind of unrelated to the Mayan prophecy ... or is it?

One might imagine, with or without the help of pre-Columbian archaeology - that
if a culture's religion and politics is built around "Temples of the Sun" ...
that this society might have understood a few things about solar cycles that we
are just now coming to understand more fully. Or else one can try to conflate
two unrelated stories in order to sell more books.

Lawrence E. Joseph is the author of "Apocalypse 2012" and he will tell you
about EMPs and much more, if you are into doom and gloom ... but he probably
wants you to trust the Mayan prophecy a little more than the version NASA has
given us ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lawrence-e-joseph/the-solar-katrina-storm-t_b_641354.html