Froarty  in reply to JohnEB  Ether and the Theory of
Relativity<http://forum.hydrino.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75&sid=40801b82e00598a889df27721932fc60&start=300#p9176>
  @ HSG on September 11th, 2010, 4:19 pm  UPDATED 10/20/2010
John, Excellent thread, as you stated "Only we must be on our guard against
ascribing a state of motion to the ether." I agree that motion implies a
spatial velocity where there is none  but a Neo Lorentzian perspective allows
the ether to exist 90 degrees displaced from 3D space just like time.  Like
time we can only detect dilation in the ether when measured relativsticly.
This  modified LET also explains why the Michaelson and Moreley experiment
failed to detect any spatial bias because a 4th dimensional axis is equally
displaced from each spatial axis. Time dilation occurs in a gravitational well
and I posit the ether is "stretched" to keep our rods and rulers scaled to the
environment.  inhabitants in said "stretched" ether would be unaware of any
time dilation regardless of how acute until a relative measurement can be
afforded, when for instance, the accelerated Twin in the Twin Paradox returns
to the same frame as the unaccelerated twin. Consider 3D space as a spatial
plane representing the X axis while this "stationary" Ether exists on the same
axis as time on the Y axis.  One can argue whether time is isotropic because at
the macro scale it has such a slow changing gradient as you increase velocity
or enter a gravitational well and even then you must depend on relative measure
to detect any changes. I am positing that at the quantum scale this gradual
accumulation of a gravity well can be greatly amplified by EM supression due to
Casimir geometry. See  "Cavity
QED"<http://th-www.if.uj.edu.pl/acta/vol27/pdf/v27p2409.pdf> by Zofia
Bialynicka-Birula which proposes an abrupt break in isotropy between Casimir
plates. Like a much larger gravitational mass the exterior of the Casimir
plates opposes the intersection of this etheric Y axis with the spatial plane
but unlike the macro example of a gravity well a Casimir amplified opposition
can also be manipulated into accelerating the intersection rate when a tiny
hole occurs to release some of this accumulated opposition into a tiny
concentrated stream / venturi (like a small hole in a sail the wind whistles
through faster than the ambient wind speed). This may explain why DiFiore et
all  were unable to accumulate any gravitational effects in their research
using stacked cavities - the pressures are really just segregated outside vs
inside and diffused vs concentrated. No asymetrical effects can be exploited
using cavities alone and you need migrating gas atoms that have an affinity for
one energy density/ pressure vs the other to exploit this segragation of force.
Claims of change in radioactive decay rates when material is diffused in
catalytic powders could also be based on this affinity . Most claims are of an
appreciably accelerated decay rate but there are also a few claims of a  modest
delay in decay rate. This relativistic segregation by a Casimir cavity suggests
the delayed decay is due to the weak opposition diffused over the exterior of
the cavity and the accelerated decay is due to the lower energy density inside
the cavity. The physical path and affinity of different gases to different
surface geometries could explain which energy densities have the most effect on
a particular radioactive material.