Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

I've seen the reaction of pseudoskeptics to Vyosotskii. They don't care how solid his work is or what he's actually found in his experiments.

They just know that this is ridiculous, that anyone who thinks that biological organisms could cause transmuation is a complete nut case. I suspect it blew their fuses.

Their reaction is understandable. Two reasons make it hard from me to believe it:

First, anything that can happen in biology tends to be widely exploited by many different species. Even phenomena that do not seem possible in biology sometimes turn out to be possible, and when they do, we have no trouble finding examples of them. For example, you might think that generating electricity or high efficiency light are not something a biological mechanism can accomplish, but there are several species that generate electricity, and lightning bugs and deep-sea fish do a marvelous job generating light. On the other hand, as far as I know there are no species that detect or make use of radio waves or radar. There are no macroscopic species with anything resembling the wheel, although there are microscopic ones with freely turning parts. In other words, in biology either you can exploit a phenomenon -- in which case many species do exploit it, in a way that is readily observable -- or you cannot exploit it, in which case it never happens. There seems to be a sharp line.

Second, It is one thing to suppose that cold fusion can occur with materials and conditions that never occur in nature, such as a non-cracking specially formulated palladium alloy highly loaded with pure deuterium. I think the amount of that material naturally occurring in the earth's crust is so small, there is no chance anyone would discover it by accident, the way they discovered measurably radioactive uranium. That is, samples of rock that could be seen to glow in the dark, if you look carefully. I doubt there is enough Pd-D in the earth to add measurably to the heat from the earth, unlike U and other elements. Extremely rare physical phenomena are seldom incorporated in biology. Anything that can happen in biology is usually based on phonomena that readily and often occur in non-living material on earth. (Sometimes not in exactly the same form; i.e. combustion and metabolism. Obviously, biochemistry tends to be much more complicated than non-living chemistry, but the same rules apply and the same sorts of things happen.)

This is why, for example, I find it a little difficult to believe that magnets may have a therapeutic effect. Load-stones and other naturally occurring magnets are rare and weak, and it is a little difficult for me to believe they were exploited by evolution. The entire earth is a magnet. It is weak but ubiquitous (of course!) so I have no difficulty accepting that birds exploit it to navigate while migrating.

I am assuming, naturally, that transmutation is "extremely rare." I assume that mainly because no one observes it normally. Perhaps what Kervran and Vyosotskii may have found is people have not observed it because they refuse to look.

Regarding Kervran, see a recent upload:

Mallove, E.,/Book Review: Biological Transmutations (Kervran)./Infinite Energy, 2000.*6*(34): p. 56.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MalloveEbookreview.pdf

I hesitated to upload this, because it is not directly germane to cold fusion.