-----Original Message-----
From: mix...@bigpond.com

(I note that the patent uses 10 MeV / reaction, but gets it wrong anyway).

There are so many factual errors in the patent, and on the Rossi blog that I
am not expecting anything beyond "more questions than answers" if not an
outright comedy. Most of us sincerely hope that that this apprehension is
misplaced, but the errors are accumulating and already almost as cynically
humorous as ... well, a hydrogen tank propped up against a radiator or a
vacuum experiment using cast iron fittings, house plumbing and plastic
tubing. What comes to mind is that hilarious video of the "alien autopsy"
staged to look like the real thing ....

But on the bright side - if it works, who cares if they saved a fortune on
proper lab equipment?

A further "lowering of the bar" in expectations is also due to the Rossi's
prior work (or lack thereof) for DARPA - the two "convenient fires" at his
lab in New Hampshire, the lack of final report four years later, and nothing
but unfulfilled promises along the way. He has backed himself into a corner
this time and there will be little leeway granted for non-performance.

My dread is that this demo is doomed to be a field-day for skeptics.

Jones