Jed,

If he did a spectrum measurement for "a few minutes", he should have a
decent sampling.  This depends on the detector, of course, but all handhelds
that I've dealt with (which is a limited sample) are designed for rapid
detection/spectra collection.  NaI isn't the best detector material, but it
should be adequate.  Usually the detector stores the last spectrum
collected.

If he wants the spectrum he did get analyzed, I can get this done in several
different ways.  Chances are the "secret" may not be a gamma emitter at all,
but it's worth a go.

Is there any chance he a) still has the spectrum he did collect, and b)
would be willing to share it?

Debbie

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  [Francesco gave me permission to distribute this.]
>
> Dear Colleagues,

[...]