Did you go to his site? Even more curious. Bizarre is more like it.

Look under 'litigation' - the plaintiff is a name known to many of us, but
the nature of the lawsuit is not clear.

From: Mark Iverson [mailto:zeropo...@charter.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:50 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]: Primary Examiner for USPTO asking Rossi questions!!!

Reading thru the comments page on Rossi's website we find this posting:

    Bernard E Souw, Ph.D.
    January 22nd, 2011 at 8:09 AM

    Dear Dr. Rossi,

    Is your novel invention somehow related to Dr. Randell Mills (Blacklight
Power, Inc.) hydrogen reactor based on hydrino reaction?
    If not, do you see any possible relation with it?

    Regards,
    Bernard Souw, Ph.D.

So I clicked on his name which was a weblink to his website... and he
apparently works at

the USPTO as a 'Primary Examiner'!  See his contact info below...

Bernard Eng-Kie Souw,
Ph.D., Electrical Engineer,
Dr. rer. nat., Diplom Physiker

Principal Scientist
BMS Enterprise,
Herndon, VA 20170

Primary Examiner
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
U.S. Department of Commerce
Alexandria, VA 22314
Contact: 571 272 2482
< <mailto:bernard.s...@uspto.gov> bernard.s...@uspto.gov>

Why do you suppose he is asking the above question to Dr. Rossi?  Either he
will use

the answer to deny Rossi any patents in the US, or, perhaps he may convince
the USPTO

to begin taking these patent applications seriously...

-Mark