There are now over 320 comments on  <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com>
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com...

Two caught my attention, the second one for all you theorists with a link to
arXiv doc!
-Mark

----------  Comment 1 by Rossi ---------
By the way, we are manufacturing our 1 MW plant, which will go in operation
pretty soon, 24 hours
per day, so that all these considerations will be deleted.  And the attempts we
are fighting against
to try to block the evolution of this tech will be deleted too.

How soon is "pretty soon" ?

And the second one might have some interest for the theorists out there...
And it came with a link to an arXiv doc:
          <http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0703715>
http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0703715
I've underlined things below that I thought were significant...
-Mark

----------  Comment 2 ----------------------------
Julian Brown
January 27th, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Congratulations Mr Rossi. You may have saved the planet.

The anomaly has a relatively simple explanation:

Effective potential for H in Ni and Pd is very flat because of surrounding
countercharge, so ground
state of H has gaussian width of about 0.3 Angstrom.

h-omega transition to 1st excited state in harmonic well is about 50 meV (8
THz).

This frequency is not attenuated over lattice cell dimensions, so transitions
are unscreened.

Ground->excited -- exited->ground interaction between neighbours causes first
excited doublet of two
H to mix into bonding and anti-bonding states.

Splitting, large because of 0.3A width, may be greater than h-omega, so bonding
state is actually
true ground state.

Dipole attraction exactly cancels monopole repulsion at very short H-H
distances.

Gaussian tail from neighbouring cell can overlap with other H without any
exponential die-off,
resulting in nuclear contact and some sort of p+p reaction.

Multisite coherence forbids emission of short wave quanta, so normal n,p, gamma
channels are
forbidden.

See http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0703715 for the details.

Here is the abstract for the arXiv doc:

H-H dipole interactions in fcc metals
J.S.Brown
(Submitted on 27 Mar 2007 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2007 (this version, v4))
It is observed that interstitial hydrogen nucleii on a metallic lattice are
strongly coupled to
their near neighbours by the unscreened electromagnetic field mediating
transitions between
low-lying states. It is shown that the dominant interaction is of dipole-dipole
character. By means
of numerical calculations based upon published data, it is then shown that in
stoichiometric PdD, in
which essentially all interstitial sites are occupied by a deuteron, certain
specific superpositions
of many-site product states exist that are lower in energy than the single-site
ground state,
suggesting the existence of a new low temperature phase. Finally, the modified
behaviour of the
two-particle wavefunction at small separations is investigated and prelimary
results suggesting a
radical narrowing of the effective Coulomb barrier are presented.