On 01/31/2011 08:34 AM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:
> Steve Krivit came come out with his latest NET #36 issue. Rossi & Co. are
> discussed.
> http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/36/NET360.shtml
>

> Not sure if the following info has already been discussed here or not.
>
> See:
> http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/36/3626-energycatalyzer.shtml
>
> Near the end of the interview:
>
> PASSERINI. On the "Journal of Nuclear Physics" [blog], you've stated that a
> new company has been founded in Athens, Defkalion Energy, which will
> manufacture catalyzers. Could you tell us some more details?
>
> ROSSI. It's a European Newco, affiliated with the largest businesses in the
> sector. They will issue a press release soon to announce themselves to the
> public.
>
> ---
>
> Still, not much. But more than before. Googling on "Newco" brings up many
> possible corporate entities. Hard to tell if any of them are the one we're
> after...

Wrong approach.   It's not a specific company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NewCo

Wiki sez:  "*NewCo* is a generic name used to refer to corporate
spin-offs <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_spin-off> and startups
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_company> before they are assigned
a final name."

We now know for sure it's no company anyone's ever heard of because it
was established just for this purpose.

He wants to mass produce something, with shipments to start in a few
months, so he builds his own brand new company to manufacture it, rather
than having an established manufacturer do it.   Does that make any
sense at all?  It's certainly not how I'd do it.

OTOH if what he wanted were a shell company into which investors' money
could be poured, then this approach would make a lot of sense.  IMHO the
/only/ aspect to all this which doesn't have a bad smell is the calorimetry.