Gentlemen, I am a gadgeteer (ex JPL in the '80s, worked on Shuttle experiments) with a small shop and I try to replicate claims such as Rossi-Focardi and other affordable setups. I got a 2 deg. C anomalous rise from the Les Case deuterium/palladium doped activated charcoal device 10 years ago, but it was not scalable and the delta T was minuscule for practical purposes. I have purchased some 3u Ni powder and will make a metal block to house a small ceramic tube holding the Ni with plugs of qtz wool at the ends to allow H2 passage. The block will also house a cartridge heater and a thermocouple. All this contained in a pipe with electrical and H2 feedthroughs in the caps.

You have occasionally discussed materials, purity, heating, safety issues. Let's take some stabs at confirming Rossi and I will construct and report results as time permits. Shielding, radiation monitoring and emergency separation of components will be employed.

I think in most cases altruism and philanthropy regarding these devices is inversely proportional to their success but at 66 I think I will be content in helping get the world (and my neighbors) out from under the nasty hydrocarbon boot. And anyway, this is already virtually Open Source.

Construction suggestions? I noticed the pat. app. calls for a Ni coated Cu tube.

DanG