Hi,

There are a number of things this paper doesn't take into consideration (as I
understand it).

1) Highly concentrated positive charges on a surface would tend to repel other
positive charges in the neighborhood (not yet on the surface), thus preventing
growth of the structures Lawandy describes.

2) He neglects the repulsive (for surface ions) force of the positive charge
that accumulates in the interior of the dielectric as electrons migrate from the
interior toward  the surface. The likely effect of taking this into account
however would just be a weakening of the potential, not its removal.

3) He assumes that the "surface" is an impenetrable barrier, when in fact rather
than remain separated, the positive surface charges are likely to simply migrate
into the substance and mingle with the electron "cloud" within. (Which is
exactly what happens with substances such as Pd, Ni, Ti, Fe and some other
metals.) (This migration of charge (ions) is another form of "dielectric
breakdown"; the usual form being electron migration).
Note that he mentions kV potentials for highly concentrated nano structures. IMO
such potentials would inevitably lead to charge migration.

However I grant that if my arguments can be invalidated, then this mechanism
would appear to explain many of the observations pertaining to CF.
[snip]
>Perhaps you don't like it because you prefer the hydrino explanation better?
>:)
>
>Jones

Like you, I am trying to find theories that fit the facts. However so far I
haven't found one that meets all criteria. I frequently point out how hydrino
theory explains some aspects because I understand it better than I understand
most other theories, and because so far IMO it has less holes in it than other
theories, with the possible exception of Horace's Deflation Fusion theory,
though I don't really understand that well enough to be sure of what the holes
might be (I have a few suspicions, but I haven't really put in the time and
effort to confirm or reject them).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html