Rich Murray to little, vortex-l, michael, Rich, Sterling
8:12 AM (1 hour ago)

Well, Horace, there were a series of spikes on the input electric
power record in Test 1 on Dec. 16.

And in Test 2 on Jan. 14, a "catastrophic" "welding failure" on a
heating resister...

In science, experimenters largely find only what they make an effort to find.

Leaks and resulting shorts could be small and transient, and still
unleash complex effects in H2 at 80 bar and 100's of degrees C.

We need to know the exact voltages and currents used for heating, and
also for any thermocouples and pressure transducers inside the cell,
and the quality of the power production and measuring devices.

Note that data recording failed for Test 2...

And today, feedback that the output power may be only 1.6 kw, not over 10 kw...

Rossi has mentioned "explosions" several times, without giving
details, contributing to the risk run by independent experimenters
who attempt replications.

I want to be wrong, but all doubts have to be candidly explored in
this very important scientific debate, in which Rossi at least could
share critical details with some independent  scientists of repute who
can be trusted with secrets.

I respect your urbane good sense and experience.

Rich