From: William Beaty [mailto:bi...@eskimo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:58 AM
To: Vortex-L
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Abd being censured?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Horace Heffner wrote:

> I have seen responses to Abd ul-Rahman Lomax in my vortex-l email, but
> have seen no original email from him since 26 Jan, 2011.  I just
> discovered that I can see that he is posting if I go to the archives at:

Might be eskimo.com recent crash.  Or being flaky.  Or spam filters at ISP
level.  Vortex-L ISP has
them (eskimo.com) and I'm frequently having to ask eskimo admin to put
particular people on their
internal "whitelist."

If yours or Abd's provider becomes a source of spam, and ends up on one of the
system-wide RBL
blacklists, their mail will stop getting through in some places which use the
RBLs to block
spammers.  Supposedly this happens to enough people on the offending domain so
that the admin will
be forced to take action against spammers using their system.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci