Abd:
You've been most patient, and Jed too, in trying to bring JC up to speed on the
facts, don't waste
your time... Of course, one could predict how he was going to respond, with the
following statement:

"You know, if you spent less time trying to analyze my motives, and describe my
style, and call me
names, and stuck to the topic, your posts would be 1/3 as long, and much more
compelling reading."

It's completely obvious to anyone who takes the time to read this thread that
you and Jed have been
most patient, and it was only your most recent posting or two that delved in
his motives.  Up to
that time, you both genuinely tried to update him on the state of the field,
but as you so aptly
stated, JC doesn't even acknowledge those instances where you or Jed present
him with facts which
refute his hand-waving and sweeping generalizations... He doesn't even have the
decency to
acknowledge when you make a valid point -- that one thing is essential to
gaining any credibility
and respect from the Vort collective.  Not being able to concede a point is a
clear sign of someone
with an ulterior motive, or a pathological skeptic who simply can't accept
things which challenge
their understanding of things.  Not surprising... He reminds me of some of the
worst editors on
Wikipedia!

-Mark