Greetings Vortex-l,

There is a highly interesting research paper by  Rullan on  UFO and Odors
that relates
to odors bieng a possible source of propulsive effects:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14029800/rullan

I remember in the early 1950 s there was an incident of a downed UFO and
its occupant being outside the craft and a very heavy level of ammonia.

I am not sure if there is a chemistry for breathing ammonia,  but Cyano
groups are CN.
Also, ammonia is very easy to liquify ...pressure circa 100 PSI.

A liquid ammonia ocean could possible support life.... a needed  oxidizer
would be  ???.... or a  halogen reaction..
..this woulld change our concept of food.

Ron Kita  Chiralex