Nobody know it except Levi

From: "Jed Rothwell" <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:40 PM
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: [Vo]:Volumetric counter

Mattia Rizzi wrote:

They dont use a  flowmeter but a volumetric counter

Ah. I confess I have never heard of one of those. Here is one with a cross-section that looks like rotary engine:

http://www.technomadltd.co.il/Admin/Product/uploads/File1_1449.pdf

I would describe this as a flowmeter that uses pulses from a piston and cylinder, rather than a continuous signal from a spinning turbine. Each pulse indicates 1 cylinder-full of liquid.

Small precision flowmeters sometimes work by adding a pulse of heat to the passing fluid, and detecting it downstream.

They said they needed a video camera to record the flow rate at night. That made me think it was an old fashioned analog device, such as this one:

http://www.jerman.com/dljmeter.html

If this counter produces pulses, you would think they would collect that data with a computer.

Do you happen to know what type of volumetric counter they use?