Thank you Jones,

I was actually able to wrap my brain around most of that.

I especially like the falsifiable conclusion. The sooner the better.

An afterthought: If Rossi (and probably Mills as well) don't currently
possess an accurate understanding of what's actually happening on the
atomic and LENR levels it sounds like a lot of regrettable roadblocks
could be thrown up, possibly impairing the patent process. I perceive
the lack of a proper theory as possibly resulting in a string of
regrettable delays while interested parties fight over proprietary
issues.

OTOH, if one can statistically predict how the phenomenon behaves
between point A and B, and then you design and subsequently patent
your contraption to operate specifically between those two
parameters... the world could very well be your oyster, until some
other upstart comes along and designs an even better can opener. That
is bound to happen.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com