I shouldn't, but I do sometimes read the discussions in the Wikipedia
article on the Rossi device:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer>This article is holding up
remarkably well. The skeptics will gut it or delete it sooner or later, and
they are starting to add their patented weirdness, such as these sentence:

"No gamma ray spectroscopy was performed due to restrictions from Rossi and
Focardi.[5]"

[Footnote 5 references the Villa report, which describes gamma ray
spectroscopy. Whaddya know! Just the opposite of it says. I guess they are
hoping no one reads the reference.]

"The plant which would supply heating for Defkalion's own purposes only, was
supposed to be inaugurated in October 2011."

[Past tense, because they assume it will not happen. They keep changing it
from future to past tense.]

Anyway, in the discussion section, the skeptics cannot fathom why Rossi
would self-publish information that appears to draw doubts about his own
finding; i.e. that the cell does not produce gamma rays in the same ratio to
the heat as a plasma fusion device. They assume this means the device
"doesn't work." One of their comments:

"So it's a self-published claim that his own device doesn't work?
Weird.TenOfAllTrades(talk) 23:03, 21 March 2011 (UTC)"

I could not resist responding:

You wrote: "So it's a self-published claim that his own device doesn't work?
Weird." That is a wonderful comment! It distills the essence of
Wikipedia. Let me explain this situation.

First, Rossi et al. are scientists. When they discover something, they feel
an ethical obligation to publish it, no matter what the implications are.
You find that "weird" because here is Wikipedia, when you disagree with
facts or they do not fit your agenda, you ignore them, suppress them or lie
about them. Rossi would never do that.

Second, you are wrong. This does not indicate that the device "doesn't
work." Cold fusion does not produce neutrons or gamma rays in the same ratio
to the heat as plasma fusion does. Cold fusion has been observed by
thousands of people in hundreds of major laboratories. If it produced
radiation in the same ratio as plasma fusion, all of those people would be
dead. This is a defining characteristic of the phenomenon and one of the
reasons we know that Rossi's device is a cold fusion reactor. We also know
this because Rossi's colleagues and others have been publishing
peer-reviewed papers describing similar nickel light water devices since
1994. This device is an improvement with lots of precedent. It is no
surprise. - Jed Rothwell, Librarian, LENR-CANR.org