Mattia Rizzi <mattia.ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >You need to get that idea out of your mind.
>
> You dont' get my idea. Probes INSIDE pipes BUT OUTSIDE reactor. The reactor
> is a black box. You can't trust black bloxes. You can trust what you see.

No one trusts black boxes. The probe is inside the pipe, which is inside the
lead sleeve. Levi said he looked inside of every part of the reactor except
the 1 L cell itself.

No one is so stupid he would insert a temperature probe without being sure
he knows where it is probing.

> >It is the same thing! A university consists of professors.
>
> No, it's not the same thing if Levi certificates or a group of professor
> certificate it.

This was a group of professors: Levi, David, Villa, and the people who
observed the first test such as Celani. They are all professors or
professionals from universities and the ENEA.

> >The one from Levi even has the official seal of the university:
>
> Please, be serious. My thesis have offical seal but what i wrotewas not
> the word of the Univeristy or of the deparment of electronics (i'm
> electronic engineer).

I am serious. If it turns out Levi is committing fraud, that seal guarantees
he will be fired.

I do not know about Italy, but in the U.S. or Japan no Department ever
issues any "official certification" or publishes a paper, or states a
conclusion about research. Only professors do that. They may be individuals
or groups, but they are independent of the Departments they work in. The
Department head is mainly concerned with allocating budgets and parking
spaces. He or she never endorses a result, or makes any experimental result
or publication "official" in any sense. That is not the role of a
department. It is not the role of a university as a whole.

It is exceedingly rare, but professors do sometimes commit fraud. The
university will reprimand the professor in such cases, and fire him, but
only the journal or professor can officially "withdraw" the paper. Not the
university.

The reports published by Levi are informal, but they are as official as any
report published at any university in the U.S. or Japan can be.