Here is part of a message to me:

. . . I am the nephew of the late Ronald Brightsen.  As you might know, my
uncle was a nuclear physicist-chemist trained at MIT.  Before he passed, my
uncle discussed with me his Nucleon Cluster Model.  Although there are many
different cluster models known to nuclear physics, the Brightsen Model is
not well known because it makes radical claims about nuclear structure, and
has been published in part in journals viewed as marginal by the physics
community.  I have studied it in detail since 1994.  I am not a nuclear
physicist, but I do hold a Ph.D. degree in biology.

The recent Rossi reaction from Italy, where there are claims of low energy
fusion of various isotopes of nickel and simple hydrogen, are nicely
explained by the Nucleon Cluster Model of Ronald Brightsen.  The Rossi
reaction, as predicted by the Brightsen Model, is a fusion of matter and
antimatter nucleon clusters.  I think you understand some of the basics of
the Brightsen Model--correct ?

I have determined the exact number and types of nucleon clusters that must
be involved for the two isotopes used by Rossi, Ni-62 and Ni-64.  The
Brightsen Model predicts low energy fusion of {Ni-64 + H} and {Ni-62 + H}
will produce stable isotopes of copper (Cu-65 and Cu-62, respectively), with
no release of any radioactive isotopes, but large amount of energy due to a
matter + antimatter cluster fusion.  What I expect Rossi is not telling at
this time, is how he uses nanotechnology to bring the Ni and H isotopes into
very close packing, so as to maximize the fusion reaction.  The Brightsen
Model predicts that many different nucleon clusters are present in Ni
isotopes, but only one of them (the deuterium [NP] cluster) is available
outside a closed shell to interact with the hydrogen reactant.  This may be
the reason why so little hydrogen is used in the Rossi reaction--it must be
very difficult to get the two required matter and antimatter nucleon
clusters to resonate against each other so as to fuse, one cluster each from
Ni and H.

But, here is the rub, the Brightsen Model rejects the current Standard Model
of particle physics--the one taught in university physics classes.  Because
it is a cluster model, it rejects that protons and neutrons are independent
within the nucleus of any isotope, a basic requirement of the Standard
Model.  Yet, it is interesting that the Brightsen Model can explain the
Rossi experimental results, while the Standard Model at this time remains
silent.

So, if anyone is willing to think outside the Standard Model box, the
Brightsen Model provides a valid explanation for what may be a valid
experimental observation (here I assume the Rossi experiment does what it
claims).

If you have interest in any of this, please send me an email reply.  I will
be happy to do my best to answer any questions.

Cordially,

Robert Davic