From: Dennis

The answer, of course, is for him to have a patent application that fully
discloses his invention so that others "skilled in the art" can duplicate
his results.  If he just submitted an application that would avoid "undo
experimentation" then there would be no problem with getting a patent and
for others to duplicate the results and even build on them.

Dennis

EXACTAMUNDO! He cannot have it both ways.

Even if he has said elsewhere and a few days ago - that such-and-such a
question is off-limits, and he continues to answer many similar questions,
then the present implication is that he has relented and wants others to
replicate.

After all, and for an eternity - we here on vortex have been preaching that
REPLICATION IS ESSENTIAL. This is why I find Rothwell's position so hard to
swallow. He is doing a complete U-Turn because he is completely convinced of
evidence that is not yet fact - and never will be fact till someone can
replicate.

Rossi clearly should STFU until he is ready to answer everything truthfully,
because in so doing he will always be tempted to misdirect and prone to
deception - and he will set the entire field back. Many honest researchers,
Dennis included - can and will spend a significant portion of their
"underfunding" on Rossi's red-herrings, when in fact they might actually be
able to discover what is really happening if he were honest. I am convinced
the "Rossi effect" is real, but that he is completely wrong on the nickel
transmutation. He simply got lucky with something he did and he will be
better off when this is demonstrated.

The *science* is all that matters here and Rossi is making fools out of
vorticians who should know better by defending this kind of double-talk and
deliberate misdirection.

For instance, when he says - in the patent - that copper is necessary, but
then tells another questioner - point-blank - that there is no copper, then
one might be led to believe the verbal deception - even knowing that if it
is specifically in the patent then that is what one 'skilled in the art'
must do - and that is all the warning they get. Waste, waste, waste.

Enough pandering of Rossi. When the guys deceives and lies, we should make
it clear that he is doing actual harm over and above the immorality of it
all. The best thing that can happen for the field - is for him to shut down
the blog completely - and get to building reactors, so as not to use the
blog as an excuse when he cannot deliver in time.

Jones