Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Thus there is at least a 1000:1 error in that anecdotal appraisal, which is
> not a surprise, given how much of an emotional stake seems to be involved.

You can appraise any electrical hot water heater and see that it transfers
heat at a higher rate than the Rossi device does at 16 kW. This is not
anecdotal. It is in published specifications.

The only emotional error here is on your side. Levi, Kullander and the
others are using industry-standard techniques and instruments. For some
reason you believe these instruments and techniques have produced an error
by a factor of 1000. You cannot tell us which of the 4 parameters might be
wrong by such a gigantic factor, but you are sure this is the case, based on
an analysis which also proves that electric teapots do not work.

This is irrational.

If you doubt that a teapot can transfer ~0.019 kW/cm^2, I suggest you try
this yourself. Just measure the size of it, and plug it in. This is not
"anecdotal." It is as far from being anecdotal as an observation can be,
since anyone can confirm it. Instead of waving your hands and pretending
that calorimetry does not work, I suggest you try it.