I think we nailed it down? Here then goes the "quantum reloaded" version of the same experiment.

An experiment devised to detect absolute motion.

The experiment is very simple in theory, although it can be relatively complex to realize it in practice: To measure the time a ray of light takes to go from one point to another, one-way. That is, without the return time. The total travel time is usually known as round-trip-time, or rtt, but we'll be measuring the one-way time only, not the rtt.

Let's discuss it first from a theoretical perspective, and we can talk later about experimental setups, which are really not so simple.

The idea is to be able to emit a ray of light in different directions, precisely measuring the departure and arrival times over a fixed traveling distance.

To solve the clock synchronization problem a quantum approach, using entangled particles, is suggested.

The prediction is that absolute motion will be detected by comparing the differences in the time deltas, and the motion will be in the direction at which the time delta is greater.

The proposed explanation is as follows:
1) Light is not "pushed" by the emitting device. It leaves the emitting device as a perturbation in the medium, and propagates at a fixed velocity. That velocity is dependent only on the medium, and is c when the medium is a vacuum. 2) The receiving device is also moving, in the same direction as the emitting one(they are solidary, fixed on the same experimental setup). 3) If the whole experimental setup is moving(due to earth's rotation and translation, typically) the receiving device will be going farther from the emitted ray in some cases, and towards the emitted ray in some other cases. Because, as said before, the emitted ray is independent of the emitting device's velocity.

That way, absolute motion will be detected in the direction at which the time delta is greater. The light ray will take longer, traveling at a fixed velocity, to reach the receiving device, because the travel distance in that direction will be greater. Again, because the receiving device will be moving away while the light ray is traveling towards it.

To solve the clock synchronization problem, a quantum approach is suggested:
The receiving device will be attached to an entangled particle, in a way which will make the quantum state of the entangled particle to collapse when a light ray is detected. The other entangled particle will be at the emitting device's end, attached to a clock in a way that will make the clock to register an event when the entangled particle collapses accordingly, due to the collapse of its entangled sister. The same clock will be attached too to a local light detector, which will be triggered when detecting the emission of a light ray by the emitting device. That is, the same clock will detect both, the time when the light ray is emitted, and the time when the light ray is detected, via quantum entanglement.

Because collapse of entangled particles happens instantaneously, the experimental setup will effectively detect the absolute one-way travel time of a light ray in a given direction. Comparing these travel times in different directions, absolute motion can thus be detected, in the direction of the maximum time delta, and with a velocity proportional to it.

In other messages we can talk about the needed precision, and about the conditions for feasible experimental setups. But I would first like to hear your comments regarding the purely theoretical aspects of the previous exposition.

Regards,
Mauro