On 04/24/2011 04:58 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
It occured to me that a one way light speed experiment performed under the
assumption that absolute motion is correct does not need to worry whether clock
sychronisation is affected by motion.
The experiment should proceed on the assumption that it is sufficient to
synchronize two clocks at the same location and then move them apart the desired
distance.
If clock synchronisation is affected significantly by the motion of separation,
it will show up in the data but it can be removed from the data after the fact
using special relativity.

:-) Turning the theory against itself. Nice.
But I think that what you say will not work, because the point is that, due to relativistic effects, you always obtain a null result in all directions. To remove the effect of separation, you'll need to know not only that absolute motion is correct, but also the direction and magnitude of such motion. And that's precisely what you're trying to determine in the first place.