Jed wrote:

"I do not know of any environmentalist support for cold fusion except our poor
lonely friend Nick Palmer here, but I doubt that environmentalists will be
strongly opposed to it."

I don't know of any direct environmental movement support or belief - the
general feeling seems to be interested scepticism. Greens got, and probably
still get, bombarded by people mentioning 100 mpg carburettors, cars that run
on water, magic magnet drives, orgone, overunity motors etc. Amongst all the
crap who would notice a diamond?

As Jed points out, some environmentalists are softening towards nuclear power
(including me) but that is mainly because the need to avert dangerous climate
change is so large that nukes are probably the lesser of two evils.  The nukes
that people like me might favour would be generation 111's with completely
passive safety systems, built away from fault lines and tsunami prone areas.
Gen. IVs would be even better.

Assuming that there is the traditional LENR lack of high radioactivity in the
Ecats, Jed is also right that environmentalists won't be very strongly opposed
to them. The key aspect is the ability they may have to widely scatter
generating capacity, by putting affordable power into the hands of the people
at the local level, instead of the supply being monopolised by huge utility
corporations. They would stabilise international politics too.

Nick Palmer

On the side of the Planet - and the people - because they're worth it

Blogspot - Sustainability and stuff according to Nick Palmer
http://nickpalmer.blogspot.com