From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2011 8:18 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:RE: Supersizing the BJT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Iverson

> If I might provide some additional thoughts/analysis...

> 1) The only way the resistance heaters can 'heat' is if there's a low
resistance path thru the heating element (i.e., a large current flow).  If
that's the case, then I
doubt you could generate any significant voltage potential between the axial
heater and the band
heater.

Mark, I agree that it does not seem likely at all ! ... but "low" is a relative
term and there are
not many other good choices for how the heat gets transferred into the reactor
(on startup) and why
additional power is needed during operation. Things are not always as they
seem, so that's why there
is a suggestion that at least some kind of testing should be done to see if
there can be a
significant current flow between two resistance heaters, as unlikely as it
sounds. There is a lack
of viable choices to model this.

There is little doubt that in the end - the operation of this device is going
to surprise all of the
experts, and maybe even Rossi. Nothing really adds up now.

Jones