Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2 - I think the impact would be far more dramatic without any input,
> regardless of how carefully it's measured. As I've said, this not only makes
> the effect more obvious, but in practice, a device that needs input is just
> a slightly improved heat pump. Not revolutionary at all.

A heat pump transfers heat from the surroundings, cooling them off. If the
Rossi device were a heat pump, part of it would be extremely cold, and
covered with frost and ice. That is not the case. Actually, this is
physically impossible; there is no fluid or other large thermal mass big
enough to cool down as much as the water going through the device heats up.

Also, if this were a heat pump, it would not be "slightly improved." It
would be by far the best ever invented, and it would be worth billions of
dollars for that reason alone.

No cold fusion device has ever produced a cold area. None of them is a heat
pump.