Guys:

The E-Cats have more than one resistance heater.  With the last several demos,
there have been two,
one internal and one external...

This proposal only deals with the internal one, and assumes that the internal
heating element is
very near to the reactor, or inside the outer walls of the reactor (but not
necessarily in the area
where the Ni-H is...

Is it possible to somehow read the heater's temperature by monitoring the
voltage drop across it???
Wire does change resistance with temperature, and we're dealing with very large
temps and
significant amperage, so one might be able to at least estimate the temperature
inside the reactor
indirectly, and thus provide some feedback information to the control box via
the same wires that
power it. OR, turn off the power to the internal heater for short periods and
connect it to a
calibrated voltage in order to get a more accurate value for the voltage
drop???  Seems fairly
straight-forward...

Then I have a question as to sources and sinks...

Would not the heating element be acting more as a heat SINK when in
steady-state?  Actually,
anything above what the max temp is for the given power into the heater.  If
the reactor is
producing the amount of heat that it SEEMS to be, then the temperature of the
Ni and Hydrogen in the
reactor is way hotter than the internal heater.  Heat will flow from hi to lo,
so some of the heat
from the Ni-H reaction is sinking into the heater. Do we know if this heating
element is in contact
with the water flowing thru; I think it must be? That would enhance its sinking
effect.  This may
represent a sort of 'fine-tuning' that is needed to maintain this thing's
stability when operating
just above the liquid/vapor phase transition...

What think ye?

-Mark