I did the same, using a water cooker, and got about 90% efficiency
assuming textbook heat to vaporize water.

I am a little worried though, about:
1) The, to my feeling, rather slow rate of vapor/steam escaping
Rossi's hose as seen in Krivits video
My water cooker is 1.5kW, Rossi's water cooker is 15kW. But my water
cooker seemed to have a more vibrant cook to it.
Maybe the water condenses while traveling through the rubber hose?
BTW steam is not invisible, just transparant. Like glas is not
invisible but transparant.

2) Air humidifiers being able to do just that: make mist

On the other hand, according to Kullander-Essen, water wouldn't exceed
60C if there wasn't some effect.