On 2011-07-18 06:04, Daniel Rocha wrote:
How can we make sure that 1MW e-cat is true during a presentation? It
is certainly not hard to emulate the e-cat performance at home with
600W, 1KW or maybe a laboratory with a  5KW source to heat water. But
for a fake e-cat, it would be required 140KW to 1MW to emulate the big
e-cat.

Regarding the input power of the 1MW power plant, today Rossi added this:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=501&cpage=3#comment-54536

Dear Marcia:
The maths of your question are quite messy, so let me make it simple: in the
worst case, we consume 170 kW to produce 1 MW.
In the best case we consume nothing to make 1 MW.
The average is 85 kW to produce 1 MW.
Warm regards,
A.R.

Perhaps the best way to make sure that the 1MW plant is true would be to measure the output energy while the input is zero. 1 MW of heat in such conditions would be quite hard to fake (the test would have to run long enough, ie more than a few seconds - possibly minutes - without a noticeable drop in output heat. Of course one would have to pay attention to possible external sources of power or heat).

Cheers,
S.A.