Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
> > At 04:11 PM 7/22/2011, Harry Veeder wrote:
>>  It would be more accurate to say the reaction depends on a temperature
> difference between the reactor and the water rather than on the temperature
> of
> the reactor.
>>
>>  No?
>
> Probably not true. The reaction, on the face, depends on the temperature of
> the
> reactants. Only if heat "flow" is causing the effect would this idea
> be true.
>
> For example, suppose that 400 C is necessary to operate the reactor with 100
> cooling water, i.e., boiling water.
>
> If we use water that is just over freezing, i.e, 0 C -- say we use ice
> slurry!
> -- does this mean that we'd see the same effect at 300 C?
>
> I don't think so.

well, that hypothesis that could be tested.

Anyway I think what I am saying is not incompatible with a perfered temperature
inside the reactor. In practice you can't aim for the prefered temperature
without
regulating the heat flow. Without any heat flow the reactants will over heat.
With too much heat flow the reaction will cease. With just the right amount of
heat flow
the reaction will be self maintaining.

Harry