On 11-08-06 11:04 AM, Jouni Valkonen wrote:
2011/8/6 Craig Haynie<cchayniepub...@gmail.com>:
You propose to end war with a
global democracy, but wars will never end as long as we give the power
seekers the ability to wage war.
I have not seen a war in 66 years, because I live in civilized and
rich country. Believe me, war is something that is only reserved for
poor people.

Like the French and the Germans in WWI, WWII, and the Franco-Prussian wars? They were poor people?

The folks in Berlin during the bombing raids of WWII were all poor people?

The people of Japan during WWII were all poor (and democratic)?

I think you are mistaking the Pax Atomica for a reluctance of rich folks to inconvenience each other. Since WWII ended, the only wars I can think of in which at least one party was *not* nuclear armed were between India and Pakistan -- and they were serious nail-biters, which scared just about all rational folk on the planet.