>From Jones:

> The apparent rationale for the split between the two
> parties - if there is one- is the apparent failure of
> Defkalion to meet certain monetary obligations. This
> sounds logical, given the shape of the Greek economy.
>
> However, for that reason, one could also suspect that
> the "Press Release" was motivated as a threat - and
> was never intended to be made public. Perhaps it
> served the purposed of expediting funds, and that is
> all you will hear of it.

I am reminded of portions of a phone conversation I conducted with the
"Witch Doctor" earlier in the year, particularly portions conducted back on
June 9. Some may recall the following totally unsubstantiated excerpts:

"SJ" - Seven Vincent Johnson
"WD" - the Witch Doctor

SJ 15:52 This is a follow-up [conversation] on that Italian, Andrea Rossi

WD 16:03 This is the fellow with the nickel.

SJ 16:06 Yes, that is correct. ...with nickel powder and hydrogen I think as
a matter of fact... Rossi continues to inform everyone at his blog site that
his company will assemble... he's attempting to assemble a one megawatt
thermal reactor in Xanthi, Greece... X-a-n-t-h-i... I think it the place.

WD 16:27: yes.

SJ 16:28 ...this October. Whether he will...

WD 16:30 He is still raising funds.

SJ 16:32 Yeah, that could be very well ... I mean there are several
companies...

WD 16:33 He is still raising funds.

SJ 16:36 Ok. It's debatable whether he will be able to make that deadline at
this point, but I have...

WD 16:41 Well, the point is that he should not make compromises with the
structure which is the other side this could take if he doesn't get adequate
funding.

. . .

WD 30:04 He's [Rossi] got a lot of futzing to do and you can basically
ignore him for at least another year.

SJ 30:10 Well we were hoping that by the end of this year Rossi would have
his one megawatt device ready to heat a plant... That was his goal. He was
going to use that as a demonstration device to heat a factory where he would
manufacture his energy catalyzers.

WD 30:25: Well, the problem is that speculative funds have not made
themselves appear... that's part of the problem.  He [Rossi] can't guarantee
any of the results. He's still... ground research... and it's totally
speculative, and the money hasn't been made available for it.

WD 30:43: This has been a problem on going for the last 70 years. He's
[Rossi] not unique. Ok... So, he's making a lot of noise to get a lot of
attention.

For more information on "The WD Files on Rossi...", here are the supplied
links, including appropriate disclaimers:

Introduction
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg48597.html

March 5 phone conversation transcript
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg48600.html

June 9 phone conversation transcript
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg48601.html

Personal Assessments & Conclusions:
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg48598.html

PS: Personally I'm still rooting for some kind of a substantial Dog and Pony
show by the end of this October. If it does pan out it will be interesting
to see who is in charge.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com