Axil,

               The only disagreement I have with your position is Rydberg vs
Inverse Rydberg - I won't say Rydberg gas atoms  aren't involved [in fact it
may be a push pull relationship] but I think they only occur on the surfaces
you describe OUTSIDE the Casimir cavity and you are denying yourself a whole
lot of usable surface area in the metal foam you described.  IMHO rydberg
atoms are responsible for the claims of slightly delayed half lives in
radioactive gases while the claims of much more pronounced accelerated half
lives are associated with Inverse Rydberg gas atoms INSIDE the Casimir
geometry. This in keeping with my posit that Casimir force results in
SEGREGATION of vacuum wavelengths NOT the simple displacement held by
mainstream Casimir theory, The wavelengths pile up "just" outside the
boundary to push these "apparently" shorter wavelengths through the cavity.
I am convinced the "displacement" is actually a relativistic symmetrical
Lorentzian contraction and that both types of Rydberg would appear smaller
from the perspective of our ambient energy density for the same reason both
"remote" observers appear smaller and slower to each other in the Twin
paradox regardless of who is accelerated. I believe vacuum energy density
increases and time slows for rydberg [similar to gravity well] and density
decreases and time accelerates for inverse Rydberg [similar to a gravity
warp or hill]. The segregation I mentioned means the concentrated low energy
density between the boundaries is exactly balanced by a high energy density
in a very near field on the outside surface of the mirrors. Perhaps we need
to consider some sort of linkage between these different type of Rydberg gas
atoms without and within that might allow a controlled asymmetry -
Heisenberg trap? The mirrors obviously exert a quantum force on both by
modifying energy density and breaking the isotropy at other than the square
law of a gravitational gradient.  Could the tail be wagging the dog in so
far as condensed hydrogen or super atoms in both regions could be
interacting by modifying the Casimir effect - perhaps creating instabilities
between super atoms that seek out the least resistive path to decay within
their combined structures?

BTW if I am correct about the relativistic aspects of the metal foam you
describe it could produce mirror boundaries separated by less than atomic
widths from our perspective yet still contain numerous fractional hydrogen
atoms between said boundaries due to a symmetrical lorentzian contraction
where energy density has been modified by suppression instead of velocity -
the end result is v^2/C^2 is still modified but it is now the y axis itself
being modified so there is no Pythagorean penalty AND all spatial axis
appear to shrink equally from the perspective of an observer in any other
frame.

Regards

Fran

In addition as time goes by through the continuing action of heat, I

speculate that the double tiered nano/micro particles would tend to weld

themselves together at their contact points to form a kind of micro

dimensioned porous metal-foam further reducing the total available surface

area.