Hi Scott,
                I still don't think you can derive directional thrust in our
inertial frame but your point regarding motion is appropriate relative to how
we define time and motion when describing relative effects between different
inertial frames. What we describe as time dilation from our perspective outside
a cavity is perceived as spatial motion from the local perspective of the
remote object inside the cavity such that the as plates move closer together
from our external perspective they have an opposing motion from an internal
perspective that starts to add distance at the inverse of distance^4 - It is a
very real motion to the vac wavelengths [virtual particles] allowing them to
fit in a space that appears too small from our perspective outside the cavity.
You may be able to create imbalances  inside the cavity but I remain convinced
the overall  "pressure" remains balanced externally and internally and you need
to involve a 3rd body such as gas atoms that have a natural affinity for one
region over the other in order to create an  exploitable asymmetry.

My premise is that as long as the cavities taper smoothly into fissures and
capillaries of sub atomic geometry the fractional gas can become further
fractionalized and migrate into these relativistic confines as long as it
remains in the center of the field and does not approach the cavity walls - If
it slips out of the field it should rapidly translate through the
fractionalized states and be rapidly squeezed out of the cavity by the
confining walls.  The confusion is that the Casimir plates modify both inertial
frames- segregating energy density differently inside vs outside the cavity
between  as  mentioned by Zofia Bialynicka-Birula  in her paper  Cavity QED
http://th-www.if.uj.edu.pl/acta/vol27/pdf/v27p2409.pdf.  This abrupt breach in
isotropy  is unlike any other macro phenomenon in nature. She also makes a
point similar to yours regarding  radioactive decays but based instead on
spontaneous emission of Yb atoms in a mirror resonator being either enhanced or
inhibited dependent on conditions.

Regards
Fran