I agree you must alter the way matter reacts to the quantum flux but I
remain convinced you must do this while transitioning between changes in
quantum flux density - If energy density is not varying you don't qualify
for the relativistic effects which we need to exploit. I agree with your
synopsis of the equal and opposing forces as the VP wink into and out of our
3d plane. I would however expand your synopsis to include the Heisenberg
uncertainty principle where the cancelling forces do not occur
simultaneously but rather cancels out over a short time period such that
chaotic motion of gas is explained. We have been told these imbalances occur
on such a tiny scale of space and time that Maxwell's demon is mechanically
impossible to implement. I happen to disagree with this assumption based on
our shared relativistic concept that longer wavelength vacuum energy is not
really displaced by Casimir suppression, but rather time itself varies with
energy density whenever it is reduced (or increased) such that a tiny
observer inside a specific  Casimir geometry would still see the full
wavelength while from his perspective that same wavelength would appear
shorter or longer in surrounding regions where the cavity geometry changes.
Notice that the tapestry of different Casimir geometries are all far lower
than the density we experience at the macro scale and therefore  all
dilations would be accelerated instead of the more familiar retarded
dilation where the Paradox Twin remains young relative to us. Notice also
that our relativistic perspective amplifies the total energy available
through time dilation.  The  gas atoms  migrating through these dilation
zones are blissfully unaware of their temporal space time translations and
provide only the opportunity to exploit the differences between these
stationary - adjacent regions of different energy density. I say "only" the
opportunity because the translations themselves will seek to be conservative
unless we do something to make the translations asymmetrical like
translating between densities as atoms in one circumstance while translating
as molecules for another.

You also mentioned the analogy of stationary wind to the motion of
electromagnetic radiation which I think needs to be examined slightly
differently. Electromagnetic radiation exists  in our 3D plane can explain
solar cell collectors or even driving a tiny space elevator up a tether but
you are still utilizing a standard source of directional energy. Virtual
particles form a stream on the time axis but schemes that just try to put up
sail between 3d matter and this stream won't work - the stream is normally
isotropic or varies at a slow gravitational gradient. To exploit the stream
we need to utilize Casimir geometry to create an abrupt break in this
isotropy where we are left with numerous stationary inertial frames similar
to gravitational wells but with abrupt gradients formed by the geometry. An
object inside the cavity inherits an equivalent gravitational energy
courtesy of the geometry such that two tiny stationary observers displaced
by only a few nanometers can be experiencing different levels of
gravitational acceleration.

Regards

Fran