Sunspot 1302 is waning.  I guess we avoided another Carrington Event:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2008/06may_carringtonflare/

But, a large EMP event is becomes more likely with nuclear proliferation:

http://www.futurescience.com/X5DNA/X5DNA.html

I guess that I am just spooked from the book I am reading:

http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-After-William-Forstchen/dp/0765356864/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317229664&sr=1-1