Am 30.09.2011 21:11, schrieb Jed Rothwell:
Peter Heckert <peter.heck...@arcor.de <mailto:peter.heck...@arcor.de>> wrote:

    I found this document, where NASA found excess heat in H-Ni
    electrolysis.

<http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19960016952_1996035672.pdf>

    They did, however use platinum as an anode and nickel as a kathode.

I am amazed that I do not have this paper. I don't even recall hearing about it. Ni-CF is a small world.

I will add this to the library.

    Could it be this document is an april joke that was leaked out?

NASA does not joke. Especially about cold fusion.

I found this while reading the italian "Focus" magazine.
<http://www.focus.it/scienza/e-cat-e-fusione-fredda-i-misteri-della-nasa-201109131040_C12.aspx>
Scroll down to the bottom.

It might be a rewarding source to find other new stuff, because Italia is very active in LENR research.

BTW, when I wrote in my previous posting, I found an anormal lack of thermal energy while applying a reverse current to a NiMH cell, I did not mean this as a joke. It sounds funny, but it is serious.

A 10W resistor will become warm after some seconds under full load.
The NiMH AA cell, which has similar size did not become warm at 9 Watt for 1 minute. Because energy cannot vanish, this means, there is something (chemical?) going on inside. The energy was stored inside instead being converted to heat. This is absolutely sure.

Best,

Peter