The most energy dense chemical fuel is liquid oxygen and hydrogen which
combines to form water. It produces 285,800 J per mole. One mole of water is
16 g. Obviously the Rossi cell cannot hold liquid oxygen and hydrogen, or
compressed H2 and O2 gas. It has to have some common liquid or solid
chemical fuel.

Gasoline has the highest energy density of any ordinary chemical, by a wide
margin. It produces 45 MJ per kilogram or 34 MJ per liter. To produce 50.4
MJ you need 1.5 L or 1.1 kg. I'm sure that after they open the Rossi cell
the observers will find it is impossible to hide that much gasoline in the
device.

Gasoline also requires oxygen, in the ratio of 12 C to 32 O  ignoring the
other stuff in gasoline. 1.1 kg of gasoline would call for 4 kg of oxygen,
presumably in a tank of compressed gas. You could not hide that in this
machine either. See:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/co2.shtml

As I pointed out previously, you cannot simply burn the gasoline in ambient
air because you would asphyxiate the observers with carbon monoxide. Even if
you did not kill them, I am sure people would notice the stench. The only
way to do this is to hide both the fuel and oxidizer in the machine. Then
you have to find a way to burn the fuel at a controlled rate without causing
a large explosion. This calls for a great deal of equipment which is easy to
spot. A 4 kW chemical heater cannot be any smaller than a table-top stove,
which produces 2 or 3 kW (7,000 to 10,000 BTU/h) and looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Burton-Table-Burner-Black/dp/B000G6S8Y8

Butane would be a lot safer and more practical than gasoline. It has high
energy density per unit of mass. These butane canisters last about 2 hours
at full power, I think. So for a 4 hour run you need to hide 4 or 5 of them.
Plus you have to hide a large oxygen tank, because even though butane is
safe to burn indoors anyone can smell it.

This was a 12 hour run probably including a great deal of excess heat before
heat after death, but we will pretend it was only 4.

You have to keep the canisters separated from burner or -- as I said -- you
will cause a large explosion. You cannot just cram all of this stuff into an
enclosed metal box which you pretend is a cold fusion cell.

Does anyone seriously think there could be this much equipment hidden in the
Rossi reactor?

If you think that is possible, you are a pathological skeptic who believes
in miracles.

Alan Fletcher has done much more detailed and exhaustive analyses of this
issue, but I think the one I just wrote here is more realistic.