On Oct 12, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Alan J Fletcher wrote:

At 04:22 PM 10/12/2011, Horace Heffner wrote:
POSSIBLE SYTEMATIC THERMOMETRY ERRORS

Regarding the T2 probe, examine the two photos to the right of this
article:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3284823.ece

The top one shows the E-cat with the T2 thermocouple probe inserted
down through the T fitting located on top. The second photo shows
the  E-cat without insulation and the cover removed.  The T fitting
can clearly be seen.  The top of the cooling fins almost reach the
bottom of the lid when it is on.  The long probe may be resting on
the cooling fins when it is in the fitting.

The length of the probe can be seen in the photos here:
more specifically here:

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/sr/RossiECat/img/June2011/DSC_0025- BlueBox.JPG

No, the "long" thermocouple described there is the probe which Galantini (was it) used, both on the original and mini eCat's.

We've never seen the probe/thermocouple on the fat-cat. I think it just has a thermocouple wired in to the top of the T-fitting. The lid was never opened wide enough to see its underside. I enhanced the dark areas of Lewan's open-lid photo, but I can't see anything like a probe.

Did you look at the NyTeknik photos? It is the same kind of probe. Attached is a small clip from he NyTeknik photo referenced.

The barrel of that probe is used to seal into the T fitting. If it is not sealed then any possibility of above atmospheric pressure operation is absurd.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/

<<inline: T2probe.png>>