This is rather interesting, because if true, it would be the first real test
that could give a positive verification for the special theory of
relativity. That is because the speed of the orbiting clock should not
depend on relative speed of the clock, but intrinsic speed, if special
relativity is false. Therefore the direction which GPS satellite is orbiting
should not be relevant.

It is curious coincidence, but I think that it is just an coincident,
although somewhat annoying one. But I think that they are right now planning
new tests to verify the super luminous speed. And I still think that they
can verify the claim in all directions.

       —Jouni

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20957-dimensionhop-may-allow-neutrinos-to-cheat-light-speed.html