>From Peter:

> He always said he /has/ to build a 1 MW plant.
> Why /had/ he to do this, when he had no written
> contract? The only explanation I can think about, is, he has to
> do this because he already purchased the material (without having
> a contract to sell it). Maybe he got the boxes in a fortunate deal
> on industrial ebay for almost nothing and now /has/ to sell them?
> Maybe he bought this when he strongly believed, he can build
> working ecats, but the research was unfinished at this time?
> Who knows....

The explanation I've heard (coming from a well known CF researcher) as
to why Rossi intends to publicly demo a 1 MW reactor before the end of
this month is for a carefully calculated commercial reason. Remember,
Rossi was telling everyone he would do this October demo back in
January/February. This was not an impulsive decision on Rossi's part.

The reasoning being, Rossi needs to show prospective clients that his
controversial technology is NOW ready for prime time exploitation.
IOW, Rossi isn't interested in validating his little-understood
"technology" within the scientific community. Rossi prefers to go
straight to gates of commercial enterprise. "Theory" can wait.

I hope for the best. I sincerely wish Rossi success in his endeavor,
for we would all benefit.

Nevertheless, it remains to be seen if Rossi's technology really IS
ready for prime time exploitation. It would probably be prudent to
prepare for some serious setbacks. As Jed has already expressed, I
hope nobody gets hurt.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com